Re: defunct postmasters - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Philip Crotwell
Subject Re: defunct postmasters
Date
List pgsql-general
Well, I killed it. Oddly giving a "stop" to the rc script hung after I did
the kill -9. Not sure if that matters.

At any rate, I restarted, and the database seems just fine after repeated
port scans. So either that was just coincidental, or it was a
combination of the port scan and something else???

I will keep an eye on things, and repost if it locks up again after a port
scan, but for now I seem to be ok.

thanks for your help,
Philip

Philip Crotwell   (803)777-0955  (803)777-0906 fax  crotwell@seis.sc.edu