Re: Format of timestamp field - Mailing list pgsql-general

From will trillich
Subject Re: Format of timestamp field
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 02:26:22PM -0400, Natacha Joseph wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I used PostgreSQL 6.53 and I used tables with timestamps fields.  When I
> read the value of a Timestamp field in a C program, i received a string of
> this format :
> 2001-04-08 12:54:09-0
> Can someone give me some explanation about the meaning of the two last
> characters ?
> Thanks

time zone (relative to gmt) -- i'm in central daylight, so mine
looks like this:

    > select now();
              now
    ------------------------
     2001-05-11 16:12:04-05
    (1 row)

    > set time zone 'GMT';
    SET VARIABLE
    > select now();
              now
     2001-05-11 21:12:15+00
    (1 row)

gmt minus five hours = cdt

see /usr/share/doc/postgresql-doc/html/user/datatype1130.htm#AEN1607

--
don't visit this page. it's bad for you. take my expert word for it.
http://www.salon.com/people/col/pagl/2001/03/21/spring/index1.html

will@serensoft.com