Re: psql -e - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From D. Duccini
Subject Re: psql -e
Date
List pgsql-novice
see if you can start it with a capitalized -E

actmgr=> \dt
QUERY: SELECT usename, relname, relkind, relhasrules FROM pg_class,
pg_user WHERE usesysid = relowner and ( relkind = 'r') and relname !~
'^pg_'  ORDER BY relname

On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Beth Gatewood wrote:

> Hi -
>
> There has been suggestions to start psql with the -E switch to see the
> queries that the \ commands exectue.
>
> However,
>
> 1-I can not use this option...we are currently running 6.3 version and I
> only see a -e switch
>
> 2- If I use the -e switch, if I type a query by hand I will get the
> query echoed back (QUERY:blah blah blah).  However, if I execute \dt I
> do not see any query echoed.
>
> Thanks for your thoughts on this...
> Beth

david@backpack.com            BackPack Software, Inc.        www.backpack.com
+1 651.645.7550 voice       "Life is an Adventure.
+1 651.645.9798 fax            Don't forget your BackPack!"