Re: [NOVICE] Array Problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [NOVICE] Array Problem
Date
List pgsql-general
John Burski <John.Burski@911ep.com> writes:
> If I specify a particular array subscipt, for example:
>      SELECT name, links[1] FROM testa;
> I get an error message that says:
>      ERROR:  Unable to locate type name 'vals' in catalog

In 6.5.* and earlier, you have to write out "testa.links[1]", IIRC.

> Any suggestions?  Upgrading to 7.0 is not an option at the present time.

The above is just one of a depressingly large number of array-related
bugs fixed in 7.0.  Not to mention a lot of non-array-related bugs fixed
in 7.0.  I strongly recommend that you update.

            regards, tom lane