Re: [SQL] Character type name?? How to lower case it? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Remigiusz Sokolowski
Subject Re: [SQL] Character type name?? How to lower case it?
Date
List pgsql-sql

> Actually I was talking about several fields, but to make it worst I really
> do not know how many fields. So I was making a quoted set of strings to
> put together at sql time to say: is filed1 in (...) how ever long (...) is
> An example wuld be:
>
> a.attname in ('hello','goodbye','baisc','perl')
>
> but I do not want to have to know the case a.attname although I can
> manipulate (..) to either.

I understand, that You have control under ('your','strings',...).
So first:
- You can just create loop for adding "OR myFld='string'"
- You can create loop for syntax with
where relname ~* 'pg_class|pg_attribute' for adding "|string" to Your
cases
    Rem

Remigiusz Sokolowski      e-mail: rems@gdansk.sprint.pl           * *