Re: [Pljava-dev] stack depth limit exceeded - patch possible? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: [Pljava-dev] stack depth limit exceeded - patch possible?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008, Alexander Wöhrer wrote:

> am I understanding this correctly that pl/java sets it for the main Java
> thread, so other threads spawned by this main thread and using postgres
> SPI functionality will run into stack_depth_problems?

pljava sets the stack_base_ptr for each thread just before it calls into
the backend using SPI and resets it when that thread finishes using SPI.
Only one thread can access the backend at a time, so multi-threaded pljava
code is safe and this mangling of the stack_base_ptr keeps the backend
happy.

> Can you suggest another workaround?

Are you having any actual problems or is this all theoretical?  I don't
believe you should be having any issues, but if you're having a real
problem, please post a self-contained test case so we can look into it.

Kris Jurka