Re: BUG #3894: JDBC DatabaseMetaData.getTables is inconsistently case-sensitive with schema name - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: BUG #3894: JDBC DatabaseMetaData.getTables is inconsistently case-sensitive with schema name
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, Adam Hardy wrote:

> Because this rules out certain important features of the JPA framework such
> as native SQL queries, you may want to prioritize this issue. I will have to
> use Oracle or mySQL until PostgreSQL can rectify things.

I wouldn't expect postgresql to change anytime soon.  Could you explain in
more detail what you can't use and why the JPA side couldn't be fixed to
support postgresql?

You could also consider always quoting all identifiers in both database
creation scripts and queries.  This guarantees that the database won't
mess with the case of the object although it can be a pain to type if you
writing a lot of queries by hand.

Kris Jurka