Re: how to set a PreparedStatement column of XML type in 8.3? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: how to set a PreparedStatement column of XML type in 8.3?
Date
Re: how to set a PreparedStatement column of XML type in 8.3?  ("Matt Magoffin" <postgresql.org@msqr.us>)
List pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007, Matt Magoffin wrote:

>> Expected?  Should?
>
> It was hardly a complaint, just a question about how one is expected to
> handle the xml type via JDBC in the current version of the driver.

That may have came out a little wrong.  I just was trying to point out
that expected and should have different meanings depending on what you're
asking.  As a user of the JDBC API you should expect the driver to
correctly map the xml type to SQLXML.  As a user of the current pg jdbc
driver code you would not expect it to return SQLXML because it hasn't
been implemented, so it's not that you just need to tweak something to get
it to work.  Sorry if it came out in a negative way.

Kris Jurka