Re: how to set a PreparedStatement column of XML type in 8.3? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Matt Magoffin
Subject Re: how to set a PreparedStatement column of XML type in 8.3?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
> Expected?  Should?  The driver should implment SQLXML, but since that
> hasn't happened yet, it's expected that the only way to deal with it is
> via Strings.  You can get around your original complaint via the
> stringtype=unspecified URL parameter so you don't have to go through
> PGobject, but long term we should use SQLXML.
>
> Kris Jurka

It was hardly a complaint, just a question about how one is expected to
handle the xml type via JDBC in the current version of the driver. Thank
you for the tip on stringtype=unspecified, that is another option for me.

-- m@