Re: SCMS question - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeremy Drake
Subject Re: SCMS question
Date
Re: SCMS question  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 24 Feb 2007, Warren Turkal wrote:

> The interesting thing about Git is that is has two way sync support for a SVN
> repository also. You could run a Git repository pushing changes in real time
> to a SVN repository and present a CVS frontend also. I would like to try
> converting the CVS repository of PostgreSQL to Git and try setting some of
> this stuff up. Does anyone know how I could get the CVS repository files?

Use cvsup, or if you don't want to go through the effort of getting that
set up, use rsync:

rsync -avzCH --delete rsync.postgresql.org::pgsql-cvs cvsroot/

--
Man is the only animal that can remain on friendly terms with the
victims he intends to eat until he eats them.    -- Samuel Butler (1835-1902)