Re: patch adding new regexp functions - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Jeremy Drake
Subject Re: patch adding new regexp functions
Date
Re: patch adding new regexp functions  (Jeremy Drake <pgsql@jdrake.com>)
List pgsql-patches
On Sun, 18 Feb 2007, Tom Lane wrote:

> Jeremy Drake <pgsql@jdrake.com> writes:
> > I will rename the functions regexp_split_to_(table|array) and I will add
> > an optional limit parameter to the regexp_split_to_table function, for
> > consistency and to avoid ordering concerns with LIMIT.
>
> I'd go the other way: get rid of the limit option all 'round.  It seems
> like fairly useless complexity.

OK, here is what is hopefully the final version of this patch.  I have
renamed the functions as above, and removed the optional limit parameter.
If there are no further complaints, this should be ready to apply.

--
It is the business of little minds to shrink.
        -- Carl Sandburg

Attachment