Re: setBlob/getBlob, slony and bytea - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: setBlob/getBlob, slony and bytea
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006, Tore Halset wrote:

> After the switch to bytea setBlob and getBlob are not working anymore. Can
> this be fixed in the driver or do I need to detect if the blob in the
> database are oid or bytea before deciding if I should use setBlob or
> setBytes?

The driver could provide a wrapper that work for getBytes, but setBytes is
trickier because the driver doesn't know what data type the value will be
assigned to, it just fires away the data and hopes for the best.

This was previously discussed in this thread:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2005-01/thrd2.php#00029

Kris Jurka