Re: Locking on PGStream.ReceiveChar(PGStream.java:256) - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: Locking on PGStream.ReceiveChar(PGStream.java:256)
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006, Marcin Waldowski wrote:

> Hello.
>
> JDBC version: 8.1-407 JDBC 3
> PostgreSQL version: 8.1.5-1 for Windows
> Database encoding: UTF8
>
> I observed a lock at at
> org.postgresql.core.PGStream.ReceiveChar(PGStream.java:256)
>
> It happens after about hour of our perfomance test (high workload - 50
> threads are executing various short operations on database)
>
> What can I do to avoid this problem?

This sort of problem has been attributed to the windows port of
postgresql.  This thread here resulted in a fix that will be included in
the 8.1.6 release and may fix the problem.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-10/thrd7.php#00289

Kris Jurka