Re: src/tools/msvc usage instructions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeremy Drake
Subject Re: src/tools/msvc usage instructions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 1 Oct 2006, Jeremy Drake wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Oct 2006, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>
> > If you do "build solution" it should build all project sin the correct
> > order - there are dependency references set between them that should
> > take care of this automatically.
>
> If I do build solution it tells me "Project not selected to build for this
> solution configuration" for all projects, then 55 skipped at the end.

I clicked around a little, selected the postgres project in the project
list, and switched to the release configuration, and now build solution
works.  Hmm.

> > > Do you have any idea how to get the environment to know where
> > > windows.h is?  I even explicitly added the directory to the INCLUDE
> > > environment variable, but it did not work.  I will try switching to
> > > short paths in there in case it is an issue of paths with spaces.

I switched to short paths in the INCLUDE env var, but it seems to just
ignore it.  I'll have to look around for how to deal with this, but for
now perhaps the gui will work ok.  Is there anything that needs to happen
post-compile that may not get done if I use the gui?

--
H. L. Mencken suffers from the hallucination that he is H. L.
Mencken -- there is no cure for a disease of that magnitude.    -- Maxwell Bodenheim