Re: src/tools/msvc usage instructions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: src/tools/msvc usage instructions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > > If you do "build solution" it should build all project sin the
> > > correct order - there are dependency references set between them
> > > that should take care of this automatically.
> >
> > If I do build solution it tells me "Project not selected to
> build for
> > this solution configuration" for all projects, then 55
> skipped at the end.
>
> I clicked around a little, selected the postgres project in
> the project list, and switched to the release configuration,
> and now build solution works.  Hmm.

Very interesting. Never done that for me :-) I need to do some more
checking. Let me know if you figure out exactly why this happens...

> issue of paths with spaces.
>
> I switched to short paths in the INCLUDE env var, but it
> seems to just ignore it.  I'll have to look around for how to
> deal with this, but for now perhaps the gui will work ok.  Is
> there anything that needs to happen post-compile that may not
> get done if I use the gui?

Nope. build.bat pretty much just calls mkvcbuild.pl (to generate the
project files), and then calls msbuild to build all the project files -
the exactly same way the GUI does it. (Or it's supposed to be exactly
the same way). Nothing more. So GUI building is just fine, just not
automated.

//Magnus