large object regression tests, take two - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Jeremy Drake
Subject large object regression tests, take two
Date
Re: large object regression tests, take two  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-patches
This is the latest version of the large object regression test I have been
working on.  Note that a prerequisite for this version of the test is the
patch I made to psql to make it not output on \lo_* commands in quiet mode
is required (also attached, it's small).

Sorry that it still makes use of the sed trickery like the copy test does,
but:

1) I think the server side lo_(import|export) functions need to be tested
as well as the psql variants

2) ISTM that making assumptions about the working directory of psql
during
the regression tests would open a can of worms, especially wrt VPATH
builds where the data files could be in a completely separate tree from
the regression tests.

Thoughts?

--
Why did the Roman Empire collapse?
What is the Latin for office automation?

Attachment