Re: JDBC driver does not support getGeneratedKeys method - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: JDBC driver does not support getGeneratedKeys method
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, Thomas SMETS wrote:

> I try to use Log4J new DBAppender (cfr. the config file herebelow) but
> it keeps on complaining with the following message :

The problem with the log4j code is that it has a number of warning
messages that probably ought to be more fatal.  You have some properties
set incorrectly, so it cannot create a valid connection which results in
this particular error.

>        <param name="driver" value="org.postgresql.Driver" />
>        <param name="url"
> value="jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/Log4j" />
>        <param name="username" value="xyz" />
>        <param name="password" value="xyz" />
>        <param name="dialect" value="POSTGRES_DIALECT" />

use param names driverClass and user instead of driver and username.  Also
remove the dialect param.

Kris Jurka