Re: Automated setting of timezone with connection pooling - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: Automated setting of timezone with connection pooling
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006, George Woodring wrote:

> We have multiple databases in a cluster ( one for each of our customers
> ) which the default time zone needs to be different.  We are currently
> using dbcp to do our connection pooling.  Can anyone recommend a good
> way of automatically setting the timezone when the connection is made?

I'm uncertain of what your requirements are.  Do you just need a different
default timezone per database?  If so, ALTER DATABASE mydb SET timezone =
'America/Los_Angeles';  You can also set the timezone in the same
fashion per database user.  If you have other requirements,
you'll need to make them clear, but you're probably out of luck.

Kris Jurka