Re: PostgreSQL + SSL - sun.security.validator.ValidatorException - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: PostgreSQL + SSL - sun.security.validator.ValidatorException
Date
Re: PostgreSQL + SSL - sun.security.validator.ValidatorException  (Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Andrew M wrote:

> last and final questions with all this. One the server side postgreSQL
> expects the following docs in the /data folder:
>
> 1. server.crt, server.key, root.crt, root.key
>
> Now for the for handshaking to be successful with the root docs in the
> /data folder, postgresql expects the client to return a certificate. So
> my question is:
>
> Where is postgresql expecting the certificate to come from, and what
> format does the certificate take (in terms of postgresql knowing that
> the client is a valid one)?

Currently the JDBC driver does not implement this functionality.  The only
documention on this at all is for libpq here:

http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/libpq-ssl.html

It uses specific files relative to the user's $HOME directory.  I don't
think this translates well into Java and I'm unsure what code would be
needed on the driver side to set this up.  It would be great if someone
more Java+SSL knowledgeable could point us in the right direction here.

Kris Jurka