Re: PostgreSQL + SSL - sun.security.validator.ValidatorException - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Oliver Jowett
Subject Re: PostgreSQL + SSL - sun.security.validator.ValidatorException
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Kris Jurka wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Andrew M wrote:
>
>>Now for the for handshaking to be successful with the root docs in the
>>/data folder, postgresql expects the client to return a certificate. So
>>my question is:
>>
> Currently the JDBC driver does not implement this functionality.  [...]

Now that we have a sslfactory URL arg, can't you implement a
SSLSocketFactory that provides the right client-certificate-lookup
logic? You'd return a socket created via a SSLContext initialized with
an appropriate KeyManager (and TrustManager obviously).

-O