Re: pgsql-server: Fix TAS assembly stuff for Solaris/386. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: pgsql-server: Fix TAS assembly stuff for Solaris/386.
Date
List pgsql-committers

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> > UINT64CONST produces these in a number of places:
> > "xlog.c", line 552: warning: constant promoted to unsigned long long
>
> This is pretty annoying, considering that the entire point of the
> UINT64CONST macro is to suppress such complaints.  Can you suggest an
> incantation that will shut this compiler up?

it likes either ##ULL or unadorned.  The problem is we're taking a
constant larger than long long and explicitly saying it's a long long.

> > Then there are a whole lot of code reachability warnings in these classes
> >  - statement not reached
> >  - end-of-loop code not reached
> >  - loop not entered at top
>
> I think most of these come from flex and/or bison code that we don't
> have a lot of control over.

Another significant amount is from switch statements written like this:

switch(i) {
    case 1:
        return 1;
        break;