Re: pgsql-server: Fix TAS assembly stuff for Solaris/386. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql-server: Fix TAS assembly stuff for Solaris/386.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> writes:
> UINT64CONST produces these in a number of places:
> "xlog.c", line 552: warning: constant promoted to unsigned long long

> it likes either ##ULL or unadorned.  The problem is we're taking a
> constant larger than long long and explicitly saying it's a long long.

No other machine we use thinks it's larger than long long --- are you
sure about that?  If that is the problem, why does the message use the
word "promoted" and not, say, "truncated"?

>> I think most of these come from flex and/or bison code that we don't
>> have a lot of control over.

> Another significant amount is from switch statements written like this:

> switch(i) {
>     case 1:
>         return 1;
>         break;
> }

Yeah, there are some of those.  Do you think it's worth cleaning up,
given that we can't do anything about the ones induced by flex/bison?

            regards, tom lane