Re: [GENERAL] Resultset problem or BUG ! - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Resultset problem or BUG !
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004, Elie Nacache wrote:

> > The current development driver (see jdbc.postgresql.org) will treat
> > absolute(0) as if you'd called beforeFirst(). Older drivers might do
> > something different.
>
>  This is exactly the solution.

No, I don't believe it is.  If it was you could just change your code to
call beforeFirst() instead because getRow() will always return zero when
it is on the insert row.  This is your real problem.  You are expecting
getRow() to return the value of the newly inserted row which it does not.

Kris Jurka