Advice - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Lane Sharman
Subject Advice
Date
Re: Advice
List pgsql-jdbc
Greetings,

I am new to PG but have been writing JAVA since 1.0 and working with SQL
for much longer than that. I am the author of VeryLargeHashtable
(http://www.webmacro.org/VeryLargeHashtable for info). In short, VLH
takes a common Java idiom, the Hashtable, and makes the backing store a
DB table instead of volatile memory. For many java applications, this is
a perfect persistence scheme.

The component was developed under Oracle and now I want to extend it to
the Postgres dialect. I need some advice on DDL and optimizing under PG.

Is there someone on this list that I could converse with very briefly
offline about BLOB versus bytea types, sequence generators and table/row
locking inside a jdbc-centric component.

many thanks in advance for a small bit of your time!

--
Lane Sharman
Providing Private and SPAM-Free Email