Re: Prepare Statement - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: Prepare Statement
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Jie Liang wrote:

> Kris,
> Thank you for your valuable response, I used the code you list
> following:
>
> [7.5 code example]
>
> Then, the compiler complaint:
> ServerSidePreparedStatement.java:20: cannot resolve symbol symbol  :
> method setPrepareThreshold  (int)
> location: interface org.postgresql.PGStatement
>                 pgstmt.setPrepareThreshold(3); I downloaded
> pg74.213.jdbc2.jar and pg74.213.jdbc2ee.jar at

This example is from the 7.5 documentation and requires a
pgdev.302.jdbcX.jar file.  I mentioned this cvs example because this
functionality is undocumented in the released version.  In the 7.4 version
the enabling of server side statements is only possible via a boolean flag
at the statement level, namely PGStatement.setUseServerPrepare(true);

Kris Jurka