Re: Troubleshooting SPI_execp() failed in RI_FKey_cascade_del() - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua b. Jore
Subject Re: Troubleshooting SPI_execp() failed in RI_FKey_cascade_del()
Date
List pgsql-general
The following sql demonstrates the problem. What I'm getting at here is
cases where the rows in "b" are being altered instead of being deleted
consequently the delete to "a" shouldn't happen.

create table a (id int4 primary key);
create table b (id int4 references a on delete cascade);
create rule b0 as on delete to b do instead nothing;

insert into a values (1);
insert into b values (1);
delete from a;

Joshua b. Jore ; http://www.greentechnologist.org