Re: [SQL] Limit rows - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Mark Jewiss
Subject Re: [SQL] Limit rows
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello,

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> select * from table  limit 5,10;

Excellent, that works perfectly. I've done a grep over the html
documentation, and can't see anything regarding the limit feature (if I've
just missed it and it is there could someone provide a pointer please?).

I'm interested now in how this method actually works - is a query
performed that reads all of the rows of a table into memory, and then the
non-requested rows are discarded before the results are sent back?

I'm interested in how this would work with a massive table......

Regards,

Mark.
--
Mark Jewiss