Re: OT: Apache::Session::DBI vs postgresql? --help - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alex Pilosov
Subject Re: OT: Apache::Session::DBI vs postgresql? --help
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 16 Jun 2001, will trillich wrote:

> the manpages for Apache::Session::DBI still say that it
> uses Apache::Session::DBIStore for its grunt work. whereas
You still have the old manpages (and probably old scripts).
CPAN's upgrades don't delete files that belong to old modules.

> normal db lookup scripts can
>     use DBI
> which then hooks into the needed DBD::<whatever> according to
> the datasource pattern; i guess Apache::Session::DBI doesn't do
> that... which is why we have to specify
>     use Apache::Session::Postgres
> *and*
>     ...DataSource=>'dbi:Pg:dbname=something'...
> which seems a bit unmodular, to coin a phrase.
That's because unfortunately, the database schema that needs to be used is
dependent on the type of a database, so you do need to tell which specific
database you use.

-alex