Re: SQL queries from within PL/PERL triggers? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alex Pilosov
Subject Re: SQL queries from within PL/PERL triggers?
Date
List pgsql-general
No, it is not possible, yet.

At one point, I wanted to write it, but then, I became too busy with other
projects, and it fell through.

The Way I wanted to implement it is by writing a DBI driver, DBD::PgSPI
which would look like a normal DBD driver but access database via SPI.

Alternatively, if someone wants to do it, you can just implement a set of
functions (the way elog is implemented in plperl)....