Re: Re: Call for platforms - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: Re: Call for platforms
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> > Nope, still working through some things ... the select_implicit test
> > failed completely:
>
> > dragon:/home/centre/marc/src/postgresql-7.1RC1/src/test/regress> more results/select_implicit.out
> > psql: connectDBStart() -- connect() failed: Connection refused
> >         Is the postmaster running locally
> >         and accepting connections on Unix socket '/tmp/.s.PGSQL.65432'?
>
> > I'm going to re-run the test(s) and see if its an isolated thing or not ...
>
> Transient overflow of the postmaster socket's accept queue, maybe?  How
> big is SOMAXCONN on your box?

Okay, for me, solaris has always been a nemesis as I can never find
anything on this box :(  But, looking through the header files, I find:

/usr/include/sys/socket.h:#define       SOMAXCONN       5

I reran the tests two more times since the above ... first time went
through clean as could be, with the geometry test failing (forgot to
update my expected/resultmaps file(s) in my compile tree), the second time
failed *totally* different tests then the first run:

dragon:/home/centre/marc/src/postgresql-7.1RC1/src/test/regress> grep
FAILED regression.out    opr_sanity           ... FAILED    join                 ... FAILED    aggregates           ...
FAILED   arrays               ... FAILED