Re: Quick question MySQL --> PgSQL - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Grigoriy G. Vovk
Subject Re: Quick question MySQL --> PgSQL
Date
List pgsql-sql
When I did the same task - I've writting a script on the perl, and if you
have stable databese structure, I think, it's a best way - write a script
which will run by cron /on-demand. Because, I don't remember exactly why
(date format is different or something else) but, I couldn't move data
from MySQl to text-file and from text-file to PostgreSQL directly, without
transformation.

Mar 6, 09:26 -0800, Josh Berkus has written:

> Folks,
>
>     Just a quick question ... I need to do a regular transfer (daily + on
> demand) of data from a MySQL database to a PostgreSQL database and back
> again.  Can anybody steer me towards a good script for this, or do I
> have to write my own in PHP?
>
>     Sorry to bother everyone with something that isn't strictly a SQL
> question, but I'm not sure where else to ask.
>
>                     -Josh Berkus
>
> P.S. If somebody wants consulting $$$ for the above, it may be
> available.
>
> --
> ______AGLIO DATABASE SOLUTIONS___________________________
>                                         Josh Berkus
>    Complete information technology      josh@agliodbs.com
>     and data management solutions       (415) 565-7293
>    for law firms, small businesses       fax  621-2533
>     and non-profit organizations.       San Francisco

Grigoriy G. Vovk