create user problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject create user problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
According to \h create user I can stipulate NOCREATEDB and NOCREATEUSER
when I create a user.  But I get this:

mydb=# create user foo NOCREATEUSER NOCREATEDB in group bar;
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "NOCREATEDB"
mydb=#

I can create the user by only stipulating one of the NOCREATE items but
not both.   Does that mean something's broke or am I misunderstanding
this:

CREATE USER username   [ WITH    [ SYSID uid ]    [ PASSWORD 'password' ] ]   [ CREATEDB   | NOCREATEDB ] [ CREATEUSER
|NOCREATEUSER ]   [ IN GROUP     groupname [, ...] ]   [ VALID UNTIL  'abstime' ]

This line:
   [ CREATEDB   | NOCREATEDB ] [ CREATEUSER | NOCREATEUSER ]

does say I can do both, right?

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net        56K Nationwide Dialup from $16.00/mo
atPop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore