Re: plpgsql problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: plpgsql problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
My guess is that since userid and userID differ only in
case, it's probably not actually using the aliased version
and instead is using only the column one.

The execute is different since you're effectively putting
the *value* of userID into the query as opposed to the word.
I'd suggest renaiming the alias and seeing if that works.

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Lehel Gyuro wrote:

> CREATE FUNCTION userHasAll (int4,int4) RETURNS boolean AS '
> DECLARE
>   row RECORD;
>   kirakorow kirakok%ROWTYPE;
>   userID ALIAS FOR $1;
>   kirakoID ALIAS FOR $2;
>   megvan int4:=0;
>   kepdarabok INTEGER:=0;
>   query text;
> BEGIN
>   SELECT * INTO kirakorow FROM kirakok WHERE kirako_id=kirakoID;
> -- this works
>
>   IF NOT FOUND THEN
>     RAISE EXCEPTION ''Invalid kirakoID'';
>     RETURN ''f'';
>   END IF;
>
>   kepdarabok:=kirakorow.kepdarabokx*kirakorow.kepdaraboky;
>   megvan:=0;
>
>   FOR row IN EXECUTE ''SELECT count(*) AS hits FROM talalatok WHERE userid='''''' || userID || '''''' AND
jatek=''''''|| kirakoID || '''''';'' LOOP