re: PHP and persistent connections - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Philip Hallstrom
Subject re: PHP and persistent connections
Date
List pgsql-novice
You could set MaxRequestsPerChild in apache's httpd.conf.  This controls
how many requests each apache process is allowed to serve.  After it
serves this many the process dies which should close the postgres process
as well (if it isn't, you have other problems).

I know that for a long time Apache recommened setting this fairly low on
Solaris due to a memory leak in solaris...ideally you'd want to set this
really high, but setting it low will make the processes die...

-philip