Re: web programming - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: web programming
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > We have been using JSP/J2EE with PostgreSQL for around a year now on
> > multiple projects. It is my opinion that J2EE is the most robust programming
> > model for web development. I would qualify this by saying that for simpler
> > web applications, J2EE can be overkill, and scripted solutions such as PHP
> > are much faster and easier to use. Different tools for different situations.
> >
> > The PostgreSQL JDBC driver is a VERY important to our work. I think the work
> > that has been done so far is good, but it seems that there is still a lot of
> > confusion over versions, where to get the driver, and the status of current
> > bugs (such as the Timestamp issue). I would like to see the JDBC driver get
> > more priority, because I think it is critical to a lot of developers out
> > there.
>
> Agreed.  JDBC needs a major development push.

I've chatted with Peter about this over the past week, and mentioned that
bringing in a second developer with CVS access might be an option to
pursue ... the fun part is, who else has both the time and the knowledge
to deal with committing changes to the source tree?

Adam?