Re: Unexpected crashes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: Unexpected crashes
Date
List pgsql-general
I've used PostgreSQL for pretty much any project I've required an RDBMS in
for the past 4+ years now ... VIEWs haven't figured very prominently in
that, but I can't really say that I've noticed any major problems with
unexpected crashes in the past 2 years or so ...

In the below, the user was doing a VIEW of a VIEW (jcombo_query is a
VIEW) ... I tried what he was thinking of myself, on my machine, but
withoutu the VIEW of a VIEW, and it didn't cause any lockups on my machine

the problem with what is below is that he doesn't explain hat "go away
permanently" means ... did the query just never end?  did the postmaster
crash and he couldn't restart it?  etc, etc ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org