Re: more corruption - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: more corruption
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 9 Jul 2000, Tim Perdue wrote:

> Now I know that you all believe that postgres only has problems due to
> bad programming, but I'm getting another problem that I can't figure out
> in 6.5.3
>
> [PostgreSQL 6.5.3 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc egcs-2.91.66]
>
>    type \? for help on slash commands
>    type \q to quit
>    type \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
>  You are currently connected to the database: db_geocrawler
>
> db_geocrawler=> vacuum analyze;
> ERROR:  cannot find attribute 1 of relation pg_attrdef
>

> This is causing geocrawler.com to be totally fubar at this point.
>
> Any ideas? Do I have to recover from the last backup?

just a quick thought ... have you tried shutting down and restrating the
postmaster?  basically, "reset" the shared memory?  v7.x handles
corruptions like that alot cleaner, but previous versions caused odd
results if shared memory got corrupted ...