Re: Article on MySQL vs. Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: Article on MySQL vs. Postgres
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, Jan Wieck wrote:

> > Odd, were you using transactions here, or transactionless?
>
>     Mark,  you  cannot  use Postgres transactionless. Each single
>     statement run outside of a transaction  block  has  it's  own
>     transaction.

Sorry, but 'transactionless' I mean no BEGIN/END ... from what I've been
gathering from Tim, his code goes something like:

do query 1
do query 2
if query 2 fails "oops"

vs

do query 1
do query 2
if query 2 fails, abort and auto-rollback query 1

Then again, Tim might be being even more simple then that:

do query 1
exit