MD5 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject MD5
Date
List pgsql-hackers
The md5 sources I got from Sverre (think I got that name right) were ready
out of the box.  I redid the test program to take just a  string and
return the md5 hash.  I tested it on HP 9 & 10 (the HP8 machine  with the
ansi compiler on it disappeared so I'll test it when it resurfaces), IRIX,
FreeBSD 3.2 and DOS/95/98/2k/NT - compiles cleanly and runs on each.  I'd
like to see if it still compiles and runs on some other platforms.  I have
the tarball sitting at:
  http://www.pop4.net/~vev/mdstuff.tar.gz

To build and test it, unpack it, run make then try it:

$ test asdf
912ec803b2ce49e4a541068d495ab570  asdf

An ansi compiler is required - do we support any non-ansi compilers?  If
so I'll make some changes to the sources.

Anyone who tests, please send me the platform you tried it on and the
results.  I'd like to find a long word list to make some comparison
tests with, but it doesn't look like I ever got around to installing
a dictionary or spellchecker on any of my machines!!

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from
$16.00/moat Pop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop
Superstore   http://www.cloudninegifts.com