Re: [INTERFACES] Re: your mail - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Re: your mail
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Louis Bertrand wrote:

> > Just curious, but what turned out to be the problem, and is it something
> > we can/should change in the source tree to prevent it in the future?
> >
> 1) EGCS in OpenBSD no longer defines symbol i386, using the
> namespace-friendly __i386__ instead. I suspect there will be a similar
> problem with SPARC and maybe others. I had to add:
> bsd.h:
> #ifdef(__i386__)
> #define i386
> #endif

Okay, I know that Bruce did some patches for this, changing i386 ->
__i386__, so that v6.6 will have it, and v6.5.2 *might* ... I'm the one
working on back-patching that...

> 2) When building libpgsqlodbc.so, /usr/lib/libcompat.a on OpenBSD had a
> problem with doubly defining symbol _v8_regerror(). I'm not even sure why
> pgsql's build uses libcompat.a because it's not needed to resolve
> anything. I patched src/configure.in to remove the
> AC_CHECK_LIB(compat,main) macro. OpenBSD-current has been changed to
> remove the doubly-defined symbol, but the port should still be able to
> work with earlier released CD-ROM versions.

hrmmm...let me look at patching configure.in such that 'if openbsd' it
doesn't get added...I've never seen the problem with FreeBSD, so it must
be an 'OpenBSD' specific problem...

> 3) src/bin/pg_passwd/pg_passwd.c is patched to change the password length
> from the hard-coded 14 with _PASSWORD_LEN of 128. It was like that in the
> previous (6.3.2) port and FreeBSD has it also, so I just updated it.

Will look at this one too...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org