Re: Array Problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: Array Problem
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, John Burski wrote:

> I'm working with version 6.5.2 and I've created a test table that
> contains both a one and a two dimensional array.
>
>      CREATE TABLE testa (
>      name text,
>      links int2[],
>      vals int2[][] );
>
> I'v populated the table with at least one record, so I should be able
> run 'select' requests that deliver something *meaningful*.
>
> If I select everything or specify an entire array, the query works OK.
>
>      SELECT name, links FROM testa;        # OK
>
> If I specify a particular array subscipt, for example:
>
>      SELECT name, links[1] FROM testa;
>
> I get an error message that says:
>
>      ERROR:  Unable to locate type name 'vals' in catalog
>
> Yet the documentation seems to indicate that this is a valid *select*
> statement.

Since I don't have 6.5 floating around anymore I can't check it.  I do
see that it works on CVS sources and on 7.0.  My guess is that it was
a bug fixed between versions.  If you can't go up to 7.0, you might
see about trying 6.5.3 just to see if a fix was backpatched.