Re: Removing all NOT NULL constraints from multiple tables easily - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: Removing all NOT NULL constraints from multiple tables easily
Date
List pgsql-general
Yes, but you'll probably not like it...  You can modify the
system tables to remove the not nulls.  We don't yet have
the ALTER TABLE syntax for doing it...
You're usually better off dumping and reimporting, but I
believe the query below should do it if you really want to
try (make a safety dump first though)...

update pg_attribute set attnotnull='f' where
 exists (select * from pg_class where pg_class.oid=attrelid
         and pg_class.relname!~'^pg_') and attnotnull='t';

Stephan Szabo
sszabo@bigpanda.com