Re: Using triggers with non-C functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alex Perel
Subject Re: Using triggers with non-C functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 17 May 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:

Well, I know that with PL/pgSQL you use NEW and OLD, but I'm not
sure how this works with other languages.

> Now that I know that triggers can call non-C functions, I would like to
> know how non-C functions access information about the triggered row.
>
> I see plpgsql has an interface to the trigger information.  Do SQL
> functions us OLD/NEW to reference that information, like they do in
> rules?
>
> The trigger programmers guide page says PROCEDURE is a C function, so I
> will need to correct that:
>
>     Procedure
>
>          The procedure name is the C function called.

--      Alex G. Perel  -=-  AP5081
veers@disturbed.net  -=-  veers@webhosting.com              play  -=-  work
Disturbed Networks - Powered exclusively by FreeBSD
== The Power to Serve -=- http://www.freebsd.org/