Re: LONG: How to migrate data from MS-SQL7 to PostgreSQL 7.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Cary O'Brien
Subject Re: LONG: How to migrate data from MS-SQL7 to PostgreSQL 7.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > This is how to get MS-SQL7 to copy data (either whole tables, or from
> > queries) into PostgreSQL...
>
> Nice writeup. Can I fold it into our docs chapter on populating
> databases (or some other appropriate place)?

I like how the Zope site has "howtos" and "tips"[1].  I think this might
be better because of the dynamic nature of this information.  I'd be glad
to contribute what I have about getting Applixware to talk to PostgreSQL[2],
But I need to check things out with the Applixware 5.0  and PostgreSQL 7.0.

You could even use Zope itself to do this stuff.

-- cary

[1] http://www.zope.org/Documentation
[2] http://www.radix.net/~cobrien/applix/applix.txt