Re: [GENERAL] IPC Problems - URGENT ! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [GENERAL] IPC Problems - URGENT !
Date
List pgsql-general
Okay, this one I can help with a bit better...

If I remember correctly, this one is hitting you:

       -B n_buffers
            n_buffers  is the number of shared-memory buffers for
            the postmaster to allocate and manage for the backend
            server processes that it starts.  This value defaults
            to 64 buffers, where each  buffer  is  8k  bytes  (or
            whatever BLCKSZ is set to in config.h).

For starting up postmaster, the default is 64 buffers...try setting -B to
32 and see if htat helps...