Re: [GENERAL] IPC Problems - URGENT ! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Anthony Brock
Subject Re: [GENERAL] IPC Problems - URGENT !
Date
Re: [GENERAL] IPC Problems - URGENT !  (The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>)
List pgsql-general
I am in a similar position to the person below.  I am trying to install
Postgres 6.5beta3 on a Solaris 7 machine (64-bit libraries installed) using
egcs-1.1.2 and receive the following when trying to run the 'postmaster -i'
command:

IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Invalid argument) key=5432001,
size=1073152, permission=600
FATAL 1:  ShmemCreate: cannot create region

Does anyone have some pointers on how to fix this?  Or any idea what the
problem is?  Thanks in advance,

Tony

At 11:21 PM 6/9/99 -0300, you wrote:

>> > Marc G. Fournier                   ICQ#7615664               IRC Nick:
>Scrappy
>> > Systems Administrator @ hub.org
>> > primary: scrappy@hub.org           secondary:
>scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org
>>

>Marc G. Fournier                   ICQ#7615664               IRC Nick: Scrappy
>Systems Administrator @ hub.org
>primary: scrappy@hub.org           secondary:
scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org

* Anthony Brock                                         abrock@georgefox.edu *
* Director of Network Services                         George Fox University *