Re: [HACKERS] Re: IRC, webcam, IM - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: IRC, webcam, IM
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 13 May 1999, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > Let me add one more thing.  I typically did not use IRC because it was a
> > pain to check the window every so often to see if anything was
> > happening, and I often forgot to even start it up.
> > I am now using zircon for IRC and tik for AOL/IM.  Both programs can be
> > minimized on startup of netscape, so if nothing happens, I don't even
> > see they are running.
>
> I found and built zircon-1.18; what version are you running? I see
> scrappy on there but not yourself. Can you remind me which IRC server
> you had recommended in the past?
>
> btw, zircon looks pretty neat.

I usually use one of irc.phoenix.net or irc.rift.com ... servers tend to
have "per domain" restrictions on who can connect...I believe
irc.phoenix.net is one that has none except maybe number of connections
from a domain...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org