Re: [HACKERS] Backend message type 0x44 arrived while idle - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Backend message type 0x44 arrived while idle
Date
GEQO optimizer (was Re: Backend message type 0x44 arrived while idle)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
> WHile testing 6.5 cvs to see what's the progress with capability
> of Postgres to work with big joins I get following error messages:

I think there are still some nasty bugs in the GEQO planner.  (I assume
you have the GEQO threshold set to less than the number of tables in
your query?)  Bruce did a lot of good cleanup work on the main planner
but GEQO is mostly untouched.  I've been hoping to poke at it some more
before 6.5 release.