Re: [HACKERS] Running configure / port to Windows NT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Running configure / port to Windows NT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:

> Notice: I have mailed this (a bit different) message yesterday. I got no
> response and gathered that that might not be the correct forum. I hope this
> is.
>
> Hi everybody,
>
> I started porting postgreSQL 6.3.2 to Windows NT. For that I use CygWin19B
> with EGCS 1.1 and several seperate utilities. In this environment I have a
> fairly good unix environment on Windows NT.
>
> Currently my attempts meet resistance from the configure script. I have some
> questions that maybe someone can answer:
>
> 1. If I run configure it wants a template: cygwin32_nt. As I do not have
> that I use the generic template. I cannot find docs that say what exactly is
> wanted in the template. Is there a better template to use?

    See the template files in the templates directory and build a
cygwin32_nt appropriate one...there are no docs on this, but its should be
pretty self-explanatory...

> 2. During the etst for the install util I get: >

> checking for install... /d/Cygnus/B19/H-i386-cygwin32/bin/install
> - Using /d/Cygnus/B19/H-i386-cygwin32/bin/install
> test:       0: bad number
> test: ECHO_C_OUT: bad number
> configure: error: echo behaviour undetermined
>
> What is the meaning of the test as I have an install but it seems not to
> work correctly?

    check configure.in ... there appears to be something wrong with
the way that its 'determining' how the echo command is handled...

> 3. After I removed the exit(1) at the install test, configure went on but
> stopped at a moment that several (platform dependant?) files could not be
> found. What files are those and what should they do?

    without sending the actual errors...your guess is as good as ours
:)