Running configure / port to Windows NT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joost Kraaijeveld
Subject Running configure / port to Windows NT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Notice: I have mailed this (a bit different) message yesterday. I got no
response and gathered that that might not be the correct forum. I hope this
is.

Hi everybody,

I started porting postgreSQL 6.3.2 to Windows NT. For that I use CygWin19B
with EGCS 1.1 and several seperate utilities. In this environment I have a
fairly good unix environment on Windows NT.

Currently my attempts meet resistance from the configure script. I have some
questions that maybe someone can answer:

1. If I run configure it wants a template: cygwin32_nt. As I do not have
that I use the generic template. I cannot find docs that say what exactly is
wanted in the template. Is there a better template to use?
2. During the etst for the install util I get:

checking for install... /d/Cygnus/B19/H-i386-cygwin32/bin/install
- Using /d/Cygnus/B19/H-i386-cygwin32/bin/install
test:       0: bad number
test: ECHO_C_OUT: bad number
configure: error: echo behaviour undetermined

What is the meaning of the test as I have an install but it seems not to
work correctly?

3. After I removed the exit(1) at the install test, configure went on but
stopped at a moment that several (platform dependant?) files could not be
found. What files are those and what should they do?

TIA

Joost